Message from the 2017 President
Dear fellow Noise Makers,
It is an honor to be back and serving as your HSMAI Chapter President for a second term. Not all of my predecessors take on the second term but it is a great chance for us to continue the momentum we started in the previous year. To say 2016 was a great year is an understatement but because of the amazing talent in our board and our volunteer committees, it was an outstanding year.
A quick look at what we achieved in 2016:
- Introduced the 1st Annual Rock’n’Bowl Fundraising Tournament bringing in funds to support the chapter’s educational programs.
- Hosted the 15th Annual Chinese Auction bringing in funds to support the chapter’s 2016 Philanthropy Partnership, Journey to Dream.
- Arranged Quarterly Happy Hours that were highly attended.
- Strengthened our partnership with The Hotel Association and DFWATC throughout the year by co-hosting our January & June educational programs.
- Provided 9 relevant educational programs throughout the year to our members.
Our most exciting achievement was the honor of receiving Best of the Best in Communications for a Medium Chapter at the Mike Leven HSMAI Leadership Conference in Boca Raton, Florida last September. At this conference, your leadership team took away many ideas and advice of how we may continue to grow the chapter and provide the educational programs you desire.
This past November, we installed your new 2017 Chapter Board and they are already taking on the year of new ideas and initiatives. They are my team of “Noise Makers”. My theme for this year came from a quote I ran across one day on our dear friend, Linda Swindling’s Facebook page.
“Work Hard In Silence, Let Success Make the Noise.” –Frank Ocean
It resonated with me as it has been my wish for the chapter and our members. We all work hard, diligently and sometimes in the background of the big picture rarely getting the acknowledgement we deserve. It is because the pride we have in our work speaks for itself. Whether it is capturing the big fish for your hotel brand, creating that perfect visual storytelling or simply reading between the numbers, we want to help you Make Noise.
There are many ways we are here to help you but it all starts with you. Noise makers do not just wait for the project to happen on its own, they are up front and ready to work.
- Join a Committee: Your input and involvement will help you gain experience and connections that will create your successes in every business facet.
- Become a Sponsor: When you are a sponsor of one of our events, you provide the means for us to get people together as well as showcase your brand.
- Get Involved: Joining us at our educational programs, quarterly happy hours and participating in our fundraising events will help you in engage in the chapter and you will learn more about who we are and how we can help you achieve your career goals.
Together we will be successful for our members, our sponsors and our industry.
Let’s Make Noise!
2017 Chapter President